Monday, October 22, 2007

e-journal locator (Serials Solutions) problem

Searches done in the e-journal locator are currently very, very slow. We’ve reported the problem to Serials Solutions and will let you know when there is an ETA for a resolution. Thanks –Nicholas

update:
Still no ETA on a fix, but Serials Solutions is aware of the problem. They say that many other users are experiencing the same thing, so there should be a good amount of incentive for them to get this fixed. I will continue to check with them about the status of the problem and impress on them the amount of disruption this is causing our users. –Nicholas @ 12:15 / Oct. 22

final update @ 4:30 Monday Oct. 22
The e-journal locator is responding normally again. I called Serials Solutions to verify that the problem was really solved, but the technical support lady had not been given the official word that that was so. However, she did tell me that the problem was with their Internet provider, which goes along with what I saw watching the progress of packets going over the web to their site. I am no longer seeing bad hops or dropped packets. I also suggested to SS that perhaps it would be a good idea to make official status announcements the next time there was a problem of this duration, as they had made none over the last 2 days. The technician found this to be a novel idea, but promised to pass it on to her boss.

If you start having problems again, please e-mail elibrary. Thanks –Nicholas

No comments: